Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Not so 'Cool for Cats'

Rather oddly we have had a lot of reports recently of people's pet felines being poisoned across the force area. Whilst the minority of these reports relate to purposful and malicious acts the rest are accidental deaths caused by garden pest controls, especially slug pellets! Whilst a lot of these slug and snail killers are not harmful to pets through ingestion, it appears that prolonged use or over use in an area allows cats to build up the poison on thier paws and they subsequently lick it off when cleaning!
Please be aware of location and amount when applying these pest controls to your garden